Franciscan volleyball will once again participate in the Side-Out Foundation Dig Pink Day on September 8.
The Lady Barons will host eight matches for the event throughout the day, including four collegiate matches. La Roche, Geneva, and Oberlin will come to Kuzma Court for two matches each while Steubenville, Edison, Brooke, Beaver and Catholic Central high schools will bookend the event with matches prior to and after the college matches. All of the matches, including the high school matches, will be streamed via the Baron Broadcast Network, while live stats will be available for the collegiate matches only. Links for live stats and the live video stream can be found below.
75% of the proceeds from the day will be donated to Dig Pink and 25% will be donated to the TEAR Fund.
More information on the Side-Out Foundation can be found here.
More information on the Tony Teramana Cancer Center and TEAR Fund can be found here.
There will be several opportunities to donate throughout the event including:
- $5 per adult and $2 for students and senior citizens
- Chinese Auction
- Baskets valued at approximately $100 each
- The "Courtside Couch" Tickets
- FUS will donate the proceeds from the ticket purchases throughout the day
- 50/50 Raffle
- One raffle for the entire day
- Winner need not be present to win
- High School Serving Contest between the 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm matches
- $1 to participate
- Prizes include pizza, tee-shirts from Franciscan and high schools, etc.
- Donations will be accepted at the door
- Tee shirts will be available for sale throughout the day with the profit going to the Side-Out Foundation and TEAR Fund.
|Time||Court||Home Team||Away Team||Live Video Link||Live Stat Link|
|10:00 am||1||Catholic Central||Bellaire St. Johns||http://bit.ly/2MlWksz||n/a|
|12:00 pm||2||La Roche||Geneva||http://bit.ly/LRCGCDP||http://bit.ly/2NFLpaz|
|2:00 pm||2||La Roche||Oberlin||http://bit.ly/LRCOCDP||http://bit.ly/2NeBE6c|