Athletic Trainer Information
The following services are available for visiting teams:
- Ice bags before/during/after games
- Taping & wrapping before games (must provide own supplies)
- Electrical stimulation previous to games (must be accompanied by request of treatment from visiting team ATC & include specific parameters; visiting team ATC must contact FUS 24 hrs in advance)
- Injury evaluation and return to play advisory during contests
- Basic wound care
- Hot tub/Sauna available in locker room
- Crutches/splinting materials are available in emergency situations and are to be returned to FUS
- Referral and/or directions to local emergency care
- All teams are asked to bring an adequately stocked medical kit with the appropriate supply inventory. In order to ensure proper care for visiting teams, it is requested that the visiting team ATC contact the FUS ATC 24 hrs in advance.
- Athletes needing to see the ATC after a game are asked to report immediately following the contest (before any team meetings, showers, etc) in order to ensure they can be seen.
Current Athletes: Filing Your Claim
Each student-athlete will receive an athletic secondary insurance card once they have made the team’s official roster. This card is to be submitted along with the student-athlete’s primary insurance anytime he or she is seen by a doctor for an injury sustained during a varsity athletic event.
All claims must be submitted to the insurance company within 90 days of injury. In order to ensure coverage, student-athletes should submit a claim form to the athletic trainer* as soon as possible following an injury that requires medical attention.
To download an insurance claim form:
Click here to print and fill out the form by hand
Click here to fill out the form electronically before printing.
*Claim forms must be submitted to the athletic trainer directly.