Prospective Student Athletes
FRANCISCAN UNIVERSiTY OF STEUBENVILLE
The Intercollegiate Athletic programs at Franciscan University
offer student-athletes the opportunity for intense development in
mind, body, and spirit, while training in environment surrounded by
coaches and teammates focused on serving Christ in all they do.
Answering the call of JPII in Christifideles Laici to
"pursue holiness and the perfect fulfillment of their own state of
life", Franciscan's athletics coaches and staff are committed to
training and inspiring the leaders of tomorrow. The athletics
programs operate under the governance of NCAA Division III and are
members of the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference.
- Franciscan is in its third year of membership with NCAA
Division III athletics and in their second year with the
Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference
- Franciscan sponsors six men's teams and eight women's
- Franciscan has earned 2 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate
Conference championships in the last two years
- Our coaches are focused on facilitating the development of the
student-athlete in mind, body, and spirit recognizing that the all
three areas must be cared for in order for true conversion to
- At the heart of every Franciscan student-athlete is a
commitment to personal and on-going conversion.
- Franciscan athletics is committed to helping student-athletes
learn and live the virtues of sacrifice, persistence, magnanimity,
patience, and courage
- Our Finnegan Fieldhouse serves as a central location for much
of the athletics programming and training necessary for sport and
spirit development. Facilities include two soccer fields, a
regulation rugby field, a full-size gym home of Baron
Basketball and Lady Baron Volleyball, weight room, aerobics room,
cardio room, and two racquetball courts.
To fill our recruiting forms clear here.
To request admission information or to schedule a visit, please
check out our admissions