FRANCISCAN UNIVERSiTY OF STEUBENVILLE
Prospective Student Athlete
The Intercollegiate Athletic programs at Franciscan University offer student-athletes the opportunity for intense development in mind, body, and spirit, while training in environment surrounded by coaches and teammates focused on serving Christ in all they do. Answering the call of JPII in Christifideles Laici to "pursue holiness and the perfect fulfillment of their own state of life", Franciscan's athletics coaches and staff are committed to training and inspiring the leaders of tomorrow. The athletics programs operate under the governance of NCAA Division III and are members of the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference.
- Franciscan is in its third year of membership with NCAA Division III athletics and in their second year with the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference
- Franciscan sponsors six men's teams and eight women's teams
- Franciscan has earned 2 Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference championships in the last two years
- Our coaches are focused on facilitating the development of the student-athlete in mind, body, and spirit recognizing that the all three areas must be cared for in order for true conversion to occur.
- At the heart of every Franciscan student-athlete is a commitment to personal and on-going conversion.
- Franciscan athletics is committed to helping student-athletes learn and live the virtues of sacrifice, persistence, magnanimity, patience, and courage under pressure
- Our Finnegan Fieldhouse serves as a central location for much of the athletics programming and training necessary for sport and spirit development. Facilities include two soccer fields, a regulation rugby field, a full-size gym home of Baron Basketball and Lady Baron Volleyball, weight room, aerobics room, cardio room, and two racquetball courts.
To fill our recruiting forms click here.
To request admission information or to schedule a visit, please check out our admissions page.